Post by linkhero on Sept 14, 2018 16:46:28 GMT
This is a post on modding the ammo pickups that the player finds lying about Kyrat. one pickup generally gives about one clip worth of ammo for any gun. However, that can be modded to give any amount of ammo, from one measly bullet to filling the entire ammo capacity. Here's how:(This tutorial assumes that you have some experience modding, and have the modding tools already with you.)
1. If you have some experience modding,you probably have a copy of FC4 archetypes files. If not, get them from any mod site.
2. Search in the archetype files for the following XML files (whichever you need):
- Ammo pickup: 252209162487459487
- Heavy ammo pickup: 261216361742200479 (The converted name says "small explosive pickup", ignore it. That is a remnant of the old Far Cry 2 files, where there was an explosive pickup)
- Arrow bundle 7710356334528 (There is a separate one which says arrowpickup (7680407309979), which gives one arrow)
- Bolt Bundle 7799337761004 (Similar to arrowpickup, there is a boltpickup (7806712111572).)
Under this heading is a list of all the ammo that the particular pickup can provide, and how much it can provide. Change the numbers to whatever you please.
4. Recompile the XML files to the corresponding FCB files, and place within the "entityarchetypeslibrary" folder within the unpacked patch folder.
5. Recompile the patch_hd.dat and patch_hd.fat files, paste in the Far Cry 4 datawin32 folder(remember to take backups of the original files) and start playing.
EDIT 001: Tested all these files. All work fine. In addition,there are new files to be added to the list.
- Healthpack: 288237959506423455 (Changing this is a little different. Search in the file for "ammoAmmotype" or "E8729CC9" and edit the NEXT line.
- Heavy ammo for arena: 7849245345386 (In addition to normal heavy ammo, this one also gives throwables.)
- Grenade WIP
- Molotov WIP
- Throwing knife 7788731305293
- C4 WIP
- Mine WIP