Post by flanker1six on Jun 11, 2020 13:02:12 GMT
I recently bought a new comp; as part of the several day set up process I installed Far Cry 5 on it; then went to Nexus Mods to get a fresh copy of JR’s Redemption Mod. There I discovered The Far Cry Resistance Mod (as well as quite a few others that had been posted, since the last time I was on the Nexus FC 5 page).
The Mod Team has also posted the tool set they used to create the mod (under the Miscellansous section on the mod description page); so you can try your own hand at modding FC 5 features! HECK YEA!
The Resistance Mod was developed (and is still being supported) by a team of modders; headed by “The Real Armani”. The version I DLed had just been uploaded to the Nexus; so it’s very current. Once the mod is extracted from it’s RAR file; it includes an .exe installer that brings up a menu of all the mod features (some of which are selected by default, but may be deselected if you wish); organized by category as you scroll down through them. Some options are not compatible with others. If you select an optio/feature that is non compatible with something else; it will GLOW RED as opposed to having a check mark appear next to it. There is an initial feature that asks if you wish to back up your patch.dat and patch.fat files (STONGLY RECOMMENDED!--in case things go awry) before proceeding.
Once you’ve selected the features you’d like to mod in FC 5; all you have to do is hit the install button; and the .exe compiles the features and installs them into FC 5. If you decide you don’t like the way the game is playing, or you don’t care for a particular feature; close the game down to your desk top; bring the .exe back up deselect what you wish, and/or select something else, and hit the install button again. Voila! Fire your newly modded FC 5 back up and check it out.
Here are JUST SOME of the mod’s features/options:
• Add enemies after region is liberated
• Remove startup videos and epilepsy warnings
• Unlocked outfits, weapons and vehicles
• You can change Resistance Points as you want
• Allow you to visit Veterans Center in Whitetail Mountains
• Unlock all perks; note: except Leaders GFH (Guns for Hire)
• Faster parachute open (you don't have to hold Space, just press it)
• Faith will not disappear when you approach to her. She also will stay longer
• You are able to go inside Father's statue without destroying it
• Change the passage of time (stopped, slow, fast, night lasts like day, etc.)
• NPCs will have randomly selected weapon (no more only AR-C rifle)
• Ability to remove the Montana intro video
• Unlocked weapons from beginning of the game.
• Unlocks John / Faith / Jacob bunkers
• The Hope County - different weather, rain and morning fog!
• Restore train from intro "Chase" in the Henbane River
• Spawn pseudo-leaders! Dutch, Eli, Hurk Sr., Jerome, Hudson, Seed Brothers
• Flashlight toggle. Use the flashlight whenever you want
• Disable DOF (depth of field) e.g. on weapons
• Radio will play also after you leave a car (optional)
• Remove cult music and speeches from outposts occupied by sectarians
• Defend Outpost - new mini-mission at outposts
• Replace the outfit of a Junior Deputy with an earlier version
• Remove Faith hallucinations from Henbane River
• Your mercenaries (GFH) will chat less (optional)
• Restore flags on cult vehicles from E3 presentation
• Increased timer in Jacob's Trials and Clutch Nixon missions
• Corpses stay after you liberate an outpost
• Skip intro missions and start new game right in Dutch's bunker
• Upgradable perks also in normal campaign
• Package set Ceanos Movements (higher jump, can move in shallow water etc.)
• skinning mod and takedowns from previous FC games
I can’t emphasize enough how configurable this mod is. I’ve slowed down game time by 100% (1hr in game is now 2hrs—and there are several other time options); I’m dressed to kill in my White Tail Militia outfit (there are a ton of other clothing options). I've got the E 3 HUD compass installed. NPCs carry random weapons, and now routinely drop SMGs so it's much easier to get ammo if you like to run with the MP5, Vector Kriss, MAC11, etc, alternate day & night skys/night time lighting, etc., alternate E3 map icons. There is a bunch of stuff included in the optional features from the E3 FC 5 reveal that didn’t make it into the game. There are multiple reduce or increase the rate of resistance point accrual (I picked the one that’s matches Jr’s Redemption Mod) options. All the weapons from the 3 DLCs are included, AND several UNRELEASED weapons that Ubi didn't include in the released version of FC 5, as well as characters, features, and weapons from FC New Dawn, Blood Dragon, and KNIVES AND TAKEDOWNS from FC 3 & 4. NOTE: That last bit DID NOT work well for me and I now have minor GFX artifacting; after removing the knife/takedown from my mod options----so BEWARE.
Optional Night Sky and night lighting.
GFH Alternate Weapon.
GFH Alternate weapon.
E3 map icons.
NPC Alternate weapon.
Unreleased 2" barreled .44 Mag.
Wearin' my new style!