Will wait also, however this seems to check all the tick boxes for the things that worked best in a Far Cry game:
* Named and voiced protagonist with an actual story * Charismatic bad guy * Customizable weapons and vehicles with a mix including normal weapons and makeshift weapons * Machete takedowns (plus all the classics like from below, vehicle takedowns, etc.) * Tropical setting * Physics based destruction * Lots of fire * Lots of rainy weather * Doge
New things that look interesting (but of course some are probably massively overpowered)
* Tanks * The artillery backpack * The saw launcher becoming a Macarena CD launcher (though that could get old quick) * Horse Riding * Holster weapons is not only supported, but is an actual play mechanic! Finally! * Guard Bribery?! Interesting concept if it's executed well. * Dominos as a game to play. Also Dani has a domino tattoo which is odd. I'm assuming it ends up meaning something (like Diego has a matching one).
* Yara continues the Far Cry letter jumble found in many of the series (Rakyat, Kyrat, Takkar, etc.)
* There was a TukTuk type golf cart vehicle parked in someone's yard ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbF6REQyel4&t=101s ) and a tractor riding down a dirt road. Spotted a motorcycle with sidecar as well. Presumably we will get most if not all the traditional Far Cry vehicles and some new ones.
Tank takedowns suggested that you can drive tanks as well (in fact I'm almost positive I saw a Battlefield 3/4 -esq tank HUD and the player shooting stuff up in one quick snippet). EDIT - tank (and plane and jetski) driving confirmed at www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbF6REQyel4&t=241s
Also spotted a dune buggy and a WWII looking propeller plane in still images for the game. EDIT - Dune Buggy shows up in the vehicle customization section and features a mounted grenade launcher near the drivers seat.
* "I'm nothing like him" style quote from the protagonist (and their facial features) suggests a link between the player and the bad guy. My guess is Dani and Diego are brother and sister (or brother and brother if you choose male Dani), but PLOT TWIST Castillo actually killed their parents and raised them as his own children. Far Cry loves frenemies and Esposito's character while charismatic is clearly framed as an evil tyrant. It will be more interesting morally if he has turned your sibling Diego into a power hungry tyrant as well (likely the last mini boss) which you will be forced to take down.
EDIT - ah the line is "I am nothing like you" and it looks like Dani is saying it to the character who is teaching her guerilla warfare so this probably a more FC3-ish moral dilemma of loving the violence and chaos. Also another scene makes it look like Diego is currently young while Dani is older so not flashback scenes like I was thinking. Still I hold that Dani and Diego are related for a plot twist.
* On the topic of mini bosses I saw some graffiti near a Libertad stash showing Castillo controlling heads on strings like a puppet master. What was interesting is one of the heads looked the "sheriff" character in the torture scene who is surely a mini boss. There were 5 total heads suggesting 5 bosses + Castillo. Also the Yara map had shading suggesting the island is sectioned off into regions ala Far Cry 5 where each area is controlled by a boss. Gives me a bit of Ghost Recon Wildland cartel vibes. www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQwfNEF6cY8&t=111s
* Wingsuit * Parachute * Ziplines (EDIT - saw some ziplines on the oil rig platform just weren't shown being used yet) * Grappling Hook (one of the setting shots had a cliff with ropes that looked distinctly grappling hook-ish) * Helicopter Piloting (I mean surely we will be able to...) * Hurk
Note also how they use no HUD in almost all of the gameplay shots. It actually looks so much better. I would hope by now they release with the options already in the game from day one to turn everything off and on individually. Sadly there is still that annoying "alert" noise when enemies spot you (and it sounds more obnoxious than in previous games).