Considering how good FC 5, AC Odyssey, and GR Breakpoint looked in their PR videos vs how they turned out in their releases ----I'm with holding judgment on this iteration of FC until AFTER it's out and others have test driven it. Ubi's recent track record with their franchises leaves me quite wary.
WATCH OUT! There's a tiger behi..............aaaahhhhhh; never mind!
I feel the same way although there are some hopeful signs with this entry in the franchise:
* It's a return to form in setting with a war torn nation caught up in upheaval where you side with rebel forces to take down a charismatic dictator. The "best" Far Cry games were ones like this (i.e. FC 2, 3 and 4).
* The big bad guy looks charismatic and evil much like previous great villains Vaas and Pagan Min. I love Esposito and can almost guarantee his performance will be stellar in this (the trailer already showing he can easily pull off an "El Presidente" role)
* The setting is also moving back towards Far Cry 3 with a tropical environment mixed with decayed and ramshackle urban structures. I feel like Far Cry 3 was the best setting out of all the games.
* Screenshots are showing off homebrew weapons which I think was a strong point (maybe the only one sic) of Far Cry New Dawn. This should also indicate we will continue to have crafting as a thing (though probably not hunting, but who knows... Far Cry 5 at least had hunting for challenges and some cash so it was a viable side venture)
* Also spotted in screen shots are tanks and horses. Two big new additions if included.
* Recently Ubisoft has been called on the carpet for lackluster games and they even went so far as to push back titles so I'm hoping this will be another game they are trying hard to polish and not screw up out of the gate.
While I will NOT be pre-ordering Far Cry 6 I'm hopeful that it will look and feel a bit more like the older entries. Although I generally do not have a lot of faith in Ubisoft to provide that.
Having said that they *finally* added customizatable AI teammates to GR Breakpoint and I recently started AC Odyssey again and am actually enjoying it. It's not the best they have ever done, but it's a capable open world AC game (and one that astounding contains very few references to the "modern world" unlike previous AC games... you know you are reliving a past life, but only because you have experienced that in so many other AC games that's it's just expected, but it's not jarring and they don't pull you out of the game world every so often like the other games do)
Anyway hope for the best and expect the worst?
And all this science, I don't understand... It's just my job, five days a week